IVC Evidensia Sponsors Travel Scholarships For Students To Attend FECAVA EuroCongress
The scholarship aimed to provide students with an early introduction to the format of a veterinary congress and was open to veterinary students in FECAVA countries who were in their final two years at university.
As part of the scholarship, the successful applicants were given access to the congress as student delegates, provided with travel and accommodation expenses, and were invited to several events including a meeting with council members. They were even presented with a souvenir of Prague; a figure of Krtek, the little mole who is a hugely popular Czech animated icon.
The congress, which is held annually at Prague Congress Centre, had a packed schedule of speakers from across the globe. The lectures and workshops were across a broad range of subjects including endocrinology, neurology, oncology and surgery, providing the students with an opportunity to learn from experts in their individual fields.
Our successful scholars
- Successful applicants hailed from across Europe and had all applied to get a spot at FECAVA by writing a motivation letter accompanying their CV and proof of student status.
- Aylin Buz studied at Ankara University in Turkey within the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine. She also held the position of Organization Coordinator for IVSA Turkey
- Dominik Zdanowski studied at Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences in Poland before participating in a Clinical Traineeship in Estonia
- Dorian Ipavic attended the University of Ljubljana in Slovenia where he has been an active IVSA member
- Erle Leemet studied veterinary medicine at the University of Life Sciences in Estonia and in the future, she would like to specialise in feline care
- Magdalena Bogovic attended the University of Zagreb in Croatia where she was also an active member of IVSA Croatia
- Merel Knoops attended Ghent University in Belgium and successfully ran for the position of IVSA Belgium President during her studies
- Michel Abou Jaoude studied at the University of Health Sciences in Lithuania and would like to specialise in small animal surgery and cardiology
- Oliwia Przybryl attended the Warsaw University of Life Sciences in Poland, where she also held the position of IVSA Poland President
- Sera Ilayda Gultekin studied at First University in Turkey, where she got involved in the animal protection association and held the position of General Secretary for IVSA Turkey
- Zofia Ziolkowska attended the University of Life Sciences in Lublin, Poland, before continuing her studies at the University of Veterinary Medicine in Budapest, Hungary
Amanda Boag, Chief Medical Officer at IVC Evidensia said:
“Veterinary congresses are an exciting, important and fun part of the development of every veterinary surgeon’s career, so I am delighted we’ve been able to give these 10 deserving students the opportunity to attend FECAVA and enjoy what is a fantastic European congress.
“We were overwhelmed with the entries we received and the 10 successful applicants had some great motivations to attend. I hope they’ve all had a fabulous time and enjoyed the programme”
If you would like to find out more about FECAVA Congress or future veterinary congresses happening in Europe, you can head over to their website here.
During the congress, scholars had a meeting with past FECAVA directors that attended the congress to encourage them in their future careers. Some interesting ideas and suggestions for the FECAVA working groups came out during the conversations.
More in the IVC Evidensia Press release.
Leave a reply
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure you this would be beneficial for most peopleReply
I am glad to be a visitor of this thorough going web blog, thanks for this rare information!Reply
SimbowBlog is a Q&A platform that empowers people to share and grow the world’s knowledge. People use SimbowBlog to ask questions on any subject.Reply
We offer cosmetics, skin care, hair care & fragrances with free delivery. Buy Makeup online from a wide variety of 100% original makeup in Pakistan!Reply