Have you been catapulted into telemedicine as a result of the COVID 19 Crisis? A full day of online seminars, discussion and interaction is planned by UK based Society for Practicing Veterinary Surgeons (SPVS) and the Veterinary Management Group (VMG) to improve your knowledge and skills.
One of the streams, dedicated to telemedicine, will offer tips on how to make your teleconsults more efficient, how to get the whole team on board and online teleconsultation skills. One of the leading providers of online referrals will demonstrate how first opinion practice can use online specialists across a range of disciplines, helping them keep work in-house and skill up their own teams.
A second stream will look at other digital innovations such as paperless workflow systems, AI symptom checkers and making the most of ‘old fashioned’ email to communicate with pet owners.
For more information and to book, visit www.spvs-vmg-events.co.uk and follow the links to FOCUS DAY.
SPVS/VMG are extending their member rate to FECAVA members so it will only cost £50 (approx. 56 euros). All lectures are available live on the day, or from the following day as recordings. To claim this discount, use the promotional coupon EUROVET when prompted on the registration form.
Key speakers include:
- Susie Samuel, Vet Help Direct, discussing the challenges of teleconsultation and how to sell to clients. Including case studies of how practices have used telemedicine before and during the Covid-19 epidemic. She will be joined by two practitioners sharing their experience of how they’ve made online consulting efficient and effective.
- Nuala Summerfield, Cardiology Specialist and founder of VVS, explaining how to create a virtual referral service in your practice.
- Ruth Serlin, Lecturer in Veterinary Professionalism, Royal Vet College on how to adapt your consultation styles to the small screen.
- Thom Jenkins, PetsApp discussing Client Communications in a Post Covid 19 World, including how everyone’s digital experience has changed in the past few months.
- Robert Dawson, Vet AI, talking about a sophisticated AI development which takes Robotic Diagnosis to a new level.
- Peter Renwick, Plexi describes how to make your Inpatient clinical workflow ‘paperless’. He is joined by a vet whose practice has made the switch who will describe the challenges and the benefits.
The day will include a digital exhibition with a chance to connect with select suppliers, and concludes with what is sure to be a lively digital debate on what we have learned from Covid-19; what will remain, what will be lost or put back on the shelf? The latest online event software will allow you to join virtual chats with other delegates and exhibitors.
Leave a reply