REGISTRATION DASH TO BE A PART OF WORLD CONGRESS
With more than 3000 delegates already registered for Congress - and three months still to go, BSAVA’s World Congress in April is set to beat all records, with more vets, nurses and practice managers than ever keen to be part of this important expanded international event.
The WSAVA/FECAVA/BSAVA Congress 2012 will see the UK host the largest ever veterinary conference in Europe. The programme is proving a huge draw, with determined delegates booking early to secure their four days of quality science, masterclasses, and social tickets.
Delegate registrations are up 50% on where they were at the same point in 2011 – and that was a record breaking year. So it is a good job that BSAVA has planned for a popular event, we have increased capacity including a Management Marquee, and introducing a dedicated overflow hall in the ICC for the most popular lectures.
BSAVA conducted a survey back in the summer of 2011 to canvas opinion on which talks would be the biggest draw - and this influenced the allocation of halls, so that the most popular talks are in the biggest venues. Along with the additional overflow facilities and the Congress podcasts available for members online after the event, BSAVA hoped that the impressive 2012 science will reach its widest possible audience.
The exhibition has grown too – with a waiting list of commercial companies and expansion around the whole of the upper level in the NIA, delegates will be spoilt for choice and able to access even more industry expertise and special offers than they have before.
Hundreds more delegates are expected from overseas, drawn to BSAVA Congress as hosts of the WSAVA and FECAVA annual conference. However the Association is also delighted to see an increase in UK registrations on the same period last year – indicating that the profession continues to see Congress as exceptional value for money and excellent use of CPD budgets – and also a great way to spend four days in a cosmopolitan city, catching up with friends and accessing the very best industry knowledge.
Reflecting on the latest delegate figures Congress Chair John Williams says; “BSAVA still considers it a privilege to put on an event like Congress, and a special honour to be hosting WSAVA and FECAVA. Being a market leader with an international reputation is all very well, but because we are an event created by vets and nurses for vets and nurses we take our responsibility to put on outstanding CPD and exceptional value very seriously – and we know the importance of getting together and spending time with colleagues outside of work. We’ll never be complacent about any of this, and by expanding the programme to include a truly impressive business stream we can now say with confidence that we look after the practice team”.
Notes for Editors
In 2012 the British Small Animal Veterinary Association will host the WSAVA/FECAVA/BSAVA Congress. This will include the world’s most impressive selection of speakers, a huge variety of subjects for vets, nurses and practice staff, plus a superb exhibition and social programme.
In 2011 there were more than 8000 visitors, including exhibitors. There were 5,816 delegates (an increase by 15% on 2010), including a record-breaking 634 visitors from overseas, with more than 50 countries represented. This figure is expected to rise when the BSAVA hosts the World Congress in 2012.
Reasons to attend WSAVA / FECAVA / BSAVA World Congress 2012
· The programme includes over 300 lectures presented by world‑class speakers, covering a wide range of topics, see the programme at www.bsava.com/congress
· The programme features interactive sessions, Controversies, How to… lectures, and Masterclasses
· Provides for all levels and abilities of veterinary practice staff and includes extended management streams
· The largest veterinary commercial exhibition in Europe with over 250 exhibitors, with all the latest innovations and industry expertise
· Amazing social events including the wonderful World Congress Welcome Party, fine dining at the Congress Banquet, and the unbeatable Party Night
· Centrally located in the UK - Birmingham has its own international airport and is one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities, with wonderful shopping and entertainment, plus close to ‘Shakespeare country’ and some of the best of British countryside
· WSAVA and FECAVA members can register at the discounted BSAVA member rate.
For more information visit www.bsava.com/congress
For images or enquiries email Kay Pringle – firstname.lastname@example.org
FVE calls for the establishment of suitability lists in Europe
...» read more