The Congress Comedy Club at BSAVA’s Party Night is the stuff of legend – and the bill has never looked better than it does for 2012.
Fred MacAulay is back by popular demand to host the Party Night Comedy Club. As MC for the evening, the Scottish funny man (and occasional breeder of Labradors) will be introducing some of the biggest names in comedy – in more ways than one.
With Greg Davies standing at 6 foot 8 inches he promises big laughs and a unique style of comedy that has earned him a ton of awards. Greg is a prolific writer and performer and fast becoming one of the UK’s most popular comics, perhaps best known by some as the psychotic Head of Sixth Form Mr. Gilbert in The Inbetweeners (Ch4), and most recently featured in The Inbetweeners Movie.
As well as his regular comedy panel show appearances on programmes like Mock the Week and Never Mind the Buzzcocks, and an acclaimed appearance on the Royal Variety Show in December, he delighted viewers in an episode of the BBC’s World’s Most Dangerous Roads – which took him on an emotional journey to Nepal with comedy pal Rhod Gilbert. This charming and hilarious episode ranked number one on the BBC iPlayer.
Completing the bill is Simon Evans. With his barbed material and apparently uncompromising persona, Evans has established himself as one of the most intelligent and sharp live performers in the country. But his brazen stance is shot through with a knowingness and self-deprecation which have stood him in good stead on his recent nationwide tour, and on appearances on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow and Mock the Week. He is a regular on Radio 4 shows such as The News Quiz and The Unbelievable Truth, and has written for every series of the BBC1 sit-com Not Going Out.
After the laughs comes the music – and Party night will feature the Number One chart-topping artist Olly Murs and a late night disco. Last year tickets sold out before Congress, so it is best to book in advance. For more information visit www.bsava.com/congress or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for Editors
In 2012 the British Small Animal Veterinary Association will host the WSAVA/FECAVA/BSAVA Congress. This will include the world’s most impressive selection of speakers, a huge variety of subjects for vets, nurses and practice staff, plus a superb exhibition and social programme.
In 2011 there were more than 8000 visitors, including exhibitors. There were 5,816 delegates (an increase by 15% on 2010), including a record-breaking 634 visitors from overseas, with more than 50 countries represented. This figure is expected to rise when the BSAVA hosts the World Congress in 2012.
Reasons to attend WSAVA / FECAVA / BSAVA World Congress 2012
· The programme includes over 300 lectures presented by world‑class speakers, covering a wide range of topics, see the programme at www.bsava.com/congress
· The programme features interactive sessions, Controversies, How to… lectures, and Masterclasses
· Provides for all levels and abilities of veterinary practice staff and includes extended management streams
· The largest veterinary commercial exhibition in Europe with over 250 exhibitors, with all the latest innovations and industry expertise
· Amazing social events including the wonderful World Congress Welcome Party, fine dining at the Congress Banquet, and the unbeatable Party Night
· Centrally located in the UK - Birmingham has its own international airport and is one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities, with wonderful shopping and entertainment, plus close to ‘Shakespeare country’ and some of the best of British countryside
· WSAVA and FECAVA members can register at the discounted BSAVA member rate.
For more information visit www.bsava.com/congress
For images or enquiries email Kay Pringle – email@example.com or visit http://www.bsava.com/BSAVACongress/Contacts/MediaandDownloads/tabid/1197/Default.aspx
EJCAP's Winter Edition has just come out !
Read the latest online EJCAP issue which includes presentations of...» read more
The British Veterinary Association (BVA) and British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA) are urging pet owners to watch out for potential hazards to their pets this Christmas.... » read more
November 2014 – Clare Rusbridge (UK) and Julia Palm (Germany) received the 2014 FECAVA awards, for best original and best reprint paper, respectively. The awards were presented during the...» read more
Antimicrobial resistance and infectious disease control were the main themes at a One Health conference held in London last
month. Hosted collaboratively by the Royal Society of Medicine...» read more